Thursday, May 22, 2008

Things are happening!!

What a fabulous week thus far!! Yesterday I hung out with Ricky E., pal from SLC, had delicious food at an Italian restaurant and 12th and 9th in the East Village. Pictured below is our lovely dessert: chocolate moose and a lemon tart. Yum!!

Afterwards we went to Continuum Cycles, determined to pick out a bike. One of the bikes on the floor was a beautiful bike from 1980 that had been sitting in someones garage in Pennsilvania for the past thirty year and was in mint condition. and its red. I took it for a test drive, and when I returned, I bought it!! Of course they had to do a thorough a tune up so I picked it up today and rode it from Union Square in Manhattan back to Brooklyn; about 6 miles. Since I'm so use to mountain bikes, the light weight of this bike allowed me to FLY through New York!!

One my ride home, I rode across the Manhattan Bridge, since it was sunset, it was absolutely breathtaking. I'm getting really excited about living here and all the fun stuff that I get to do!! and now that I have my bike, it makes commuting sooo much faster!!


3 comments:

Forrest said...

Great view!

Candice@The Fellas and I said...

wow, thats awesome. Very cool bike. Retro is so in this season. Post more pics of the city, I love them.

Anonymous said...

Sweet bike!

The Piper Times